Because you're on holidays - or less busy because everyone is on holidays - it's the perfect timing to take few minutes to think about your organization to make good choices for yourself and your business.
Are you really well prepared to go back to work? Here are 15 important productivity resolutions I always review before the end of the summer to be ready for the next rush. Of course, feel free to adapt this list to your personal situation.
15 Easy Productivity Resolutions for Successful Entrepreneurs
Let's start by cleaning your work space
1. Mobile and desktop apps
- Delete the apps you don't really need/don't use on your phone, on your laptop, and on your desktop.
- Check what apps are actively collecting your data in the “Background App Refresh” settings on your phone.
2. Emailing and Newsletters
- Unsubscribe from all newsletters that you don't read anymore.
- Replace the ones you want to keep with a RSS Feed.
3. Laptop and Computer
- Clean your laptop/computer: archive all the unecessary folders, uninstall the programs you don't use, delete the files and folders you don't need anymore.
4. Turn off your push notifications
5. Security check
- Change all your passwords, especially the most important ones
- Activate the two factors authentification option whenever it's possible
- Install all the updates you’ve been delaying for ages
Let's setup your fresh work space
6. Check your meeting availability times:
- Freeze 1 or 2 days entirely if possible
- For the days when you are available for your clients, block out a 2 4h time window to avoid a pile of online meetings
7. Check your calendar:
- Set up the vacation mode for birthdays, important family events, etc.
- Set up a reminder to drink 1 liter water and to walk 30 minutes EVERY day
- Set up a reminder to change your most important passwords every trimester
- Block time for your personal activities: exercising, reading, cooking, etc.
- Block time for dating/dinners with your beloved/family/relatives
8. Check and edit or update:
- Email signature
- Profile photos/avatars
- Bio/profile page on LinkdIn/Twitter
- Update your role/position
- Add new achievements, certificates, projects
- Indicate if you are open for positions (or not)
- Portfolio on your website (if you have one)
- Reply to clients reviews on Google
Let's take care about you
9. Check your privacy settings in the apps you are using the most:
- Ads settings
- Data collection settings
- Personalization/customization settings
- Security settings
10. Check your paid licences/subscriptions:
- Cancel those you don't get value from any more.
- Consider downgrading (or upgrading) a plan or switch to an annual payment to avoid fees and hassles.
11. Check whether you’re overpaying:
- For your mobile and your Internet plans.
- For any expenses you have (insurance, Netflix, Disney, OCS, etc) because prices change all the time.
12. adopt the BuJo attitude if you haven't already
Let's take care about the ones you care
13. Write down important phone numbers of relatives, close friends and colleagues in a notebook and store it carefully.
14. When a loved one mentions something they’d love to have, order it right away. You’ll find a sweet occasion to give it to them later in the next months
15. Share this article with relatives, close friends and colleagues because they might need it too
I've probably missed something but you've got the point! Anything that you tend to check or clean up at a particular period of the year? What are your top productivity resolutions? Let us know in the comments below.
Note: I express my gratitude to Mary, Ron, Vitaly, Maria, Gilberto, and Franck for inspiring me over the years, these productivity resolutions covered in this article.